Central Old Bridge Emergency Medical Services
The roots of The Central Old Bridge Emergency Medical Service, Inc. began in 1953 , when we were known as the Old Bridge Volunteer Emergency Medical Services, Inc. We have served the Township of Old Bridge and it's residents by providing emergency medical care during their time of need. We are a 100% volunteer organization with a wonderful group of individuals who given their time to help the neighbors.
Our squad was originally housed on the corner of Englishtown Road and Third Street, which currently houses the Old Bridge Fire District 3's Board of Commissioners. This building housed our squad until a new building was built in the 1980's on property that we lease from the Old Bridge Township Board of Education located at 133 Ticetown Road, just off Route 9.
As of January of 2015, we officially changed our name to Central Old Bridge Emergency Medical Service, Inc. and in June of 2015 we officially became licensed by the State of New Jersey Department of Health and Human Services - Office of Emergency Medical Services.
Today, our building on Ticetown Road still stands where it houses our first responder vehicle, two ambulances, our Special Operations Unit and our Special Operations Trailer. It is also a home away from home for our dedicated members. Currently, we have about 35 members who range in age from sixteen to those members in their forties and fifties.